Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My work is symbolic of what is going on in my life as well as in the world around me, a constant search for the best way to interpret the ideas about the world in which I live. I define my work as abstract naturalism because it is based on the beauty and wonder I find in the natural world. When I begin a piece, I start with an inspiring image from nature or the human form and develop a rough sketch of the final creation. I enjoy the process of developing a final composition, discovering the final placement of images within the building of the background. It is exciting to explore the use of more illustration, and found objects in my new style of painting. My technique is to build a shifting, push/pull background, add collaged elements and illustration and build up layers until a final composition is achieved. The overall purpose behind my work is to create art of beauty and interest. Please be sure to view the links at the bottom of the page.

Art Show 2/4/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment